Join the Paddler Co-op Staff Team!
Open Canoe & Kayak Instructors
Paddler Co-op is a client-focused organization.
We ask that our instructors ensure their programs are geared to the students' needs for a positive, safe, and enjoyable whitewater experience.
We strongly encourage individualized instruction that meets the needs of our varied and diversified groups.
- Current Wilderness First Aid certification
- Current Swiftwater Rescue Technician or River Safety and Rescue certification.
- ORCKA or Paddle Canada Canoe and/or Kayak Instructor certification is a major asset.
- Consideration will be given to those candidates without certification but have received extensive training in whitewater paddling and have valuable experience in whitewater programming.
Contract terms vary and preference will be given to those candidates who are willing to commit to longer contracts.
Please send a Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience, resume and list of certifications.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant & KidActive Coordinator
KidActive is our kayaking day-camp tailored to youngsters aged 6-13.
KidActive is the backbone of our family programming and is designed to get kids within the community actively engaged in the outdoors through whitewater paddling and on-site programming.
The focus of this position is to aid in the administrative duties of running a small, not-for-profit organization, and ensuring our KidActive instructors feel the support they need for such an active program.
- Welcoming children and their families to the program;
- Ensuring adequate supervision during drop-off, pick-up, and lunch time when the instructors break;
- Working with KidActive instructors in on-site program design and delivery such as Nature Scavenger Hunts, Wide-Games, and other group activities;
- Conducting weekly Instructor Meetings to discuss the strengths and/or weaknesses of KidActive programming and how it can be improved.