Base of operations is located on the shore of the Madawaska River in Palmer Rapids, Ontario, just down stream of the second set of Palmer Rapids.
The Boathouse features woodland and riverside campsites amid majestic pines and a strong sense of community.
On site we have:
- Warm running water in our outdoor sink
- Classy new outhouses.
- Communal campfire pit by the beach
- BBQ located behind the office
- Indoor classroom and communal 'Paddlers Lounge'
- Most participants on our courses choose to camp.
- If camping is not your thing, then we can recommend B & B’s, lodges, and motels in the area.
- Camping is on a first-come, first-served basis and is available to all members throughout the season. (May through October).
- No formal booking is required, however we do full book during Palmer River Fest so please book in advance! (May long weekend).
- Whether or not you’re taking a course with us, you are welcome to camp at our site.
- Cost is $10/night/person. We adjust the cost for large groups with advance notice
- Family rate of $23/night/family